Saturday, October 5, 2013

Saturday 9: You're So Vein



1) Samantha Winters is very vain about her light blonde locks. What's your best feature?

~ Green eyes and long eyelashes

2) Carly Simon is the daughter of a wealthy family (Simon & Shuster Publishing). How would your life today be different if you knew there was a large sum of inherited money in your future?

~ I'd be living with a bit more excitement and anticipation! I don't think my life would change too much though because now is now, the future is the future and I'd hate to blow it before it arrived at my doorstep.

3) October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and Carly is a proud breast cancer survivor. Has breast cancer -- or cancer of any type -- touched you, your family or your circle of friends?

~ My sister-in-law had stage 3 invasive ductal carcinoma, a form of breast 
cancer, she's been in remission for 13 years. A work friend had breast cancer, my great aunt had cancer as well.

4) Carly has been known to perform with her sister, Lucy, and their oldest sister Joanna is a mezzo-soprano. Is your family musical?

~ Two of my brothers play guitar, one of which was in a band in high school. My sister totally kicked butt playing the recorder, LOL!

5) Carly suffers from stage fright, a liability in her profession. When was the last time fear got the better of you?

~ I've been too afraid to go in for a day of medical tests, which is the very first step in preparing for a kidney transplant. I started dialysis two years ago.

6) Do you wear hats?

~ Nope, never liked them.

7) Autumn is known as "sweater weather." Is there a chill in the air where you are today?

~ Yes, a slight one.

8) Do you drink bottled water?

~ Yes, if there's nothing better around or I'm in that mood.

9) What color is your toothbrush?

~ Purple and white

~ Saturday 9

2 comments:

  1. I love your fonts and layout. So clean and easy to read!

    I'm not a big hat person, either. In the winter I try to get by with ear muffs. Less damage to my hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could get my lashes to be a bit longer. Thank goodness for mascara

    ReplyDelete