Friday, October 11, 2013

Saturday 9: Hopelessly Devoted to You



Olivia Newton-John is a breast cancer survivor and October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Please spread the word about early detection.

1) This is a sad song about unrequited love. What's your favorite love song, and is it happy or sad?


~ The First Time Ever I Touched Your Face by Roberta Flack, it's a happy song.


2) This song is from the Grease soundtrack. When that movie came out in 1978, the price of a postage stamp was just 15¢. When's the last time you visited the post office?


~ Couple months ago so I could pick up a package, a movie I ordered for a friend

3) Not many people know that Olivia's maternal grandfather, Max Born, won the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1954. Share something about yourself that we might not have known before this morning.

~ That frozen raspberry margaritas might just be my favorite! I had one for the first time today and it was so yummy!


4) Olivia's father was an officer in MI5, the UK's secret service. Sam's most recent run-in with the authorities had less intrigue or glamor, as it included a policeman pointing out the stop sign she'd somehow missed. Tell us about your most recent encounter with law enforcement.


~ They were directing cars into our parking lot after one of the condo units went up in flames

5) Olivia is part owner of an exclusive, luxury retreat called Gaia. If you had a day of free access to a heated pool, golf course, tennis court, gym, and day spa, but could only use one, which one would you choose?


~ Day spa, I'd love to have a professional treatment that includes massage, aromatherapy, and totally zoning out while listening to Enya and Kitaro


6) Are you flirtatious?

~ Nope


7) Do you more often wear silver, gold, or platinum?


~ None of the above! I am totally not a jewelry wearer!


8) When you're on the phone, do you usually make the first move toward ending the call? Or do you find it hard to say goodbye?


~ I wait till a natural end to the conversation, unless I have places I gotta be

9) Would you rather be smarter, richer, or more attractive than you are right now?


~ Richer, I was laid off just over a week ago, have no idea when I'll start collecting unemployment, and I have tons of medical bills. I'm seriously considering bankruptcy.

~ Saturday 9

1 comment:

  1. You know, you're right! Just about every massage I've had was accompanied by Enya.

    ReplyDelete